Name of Artist: Lexi
I chose the name Lexi for the artist of the album, this is because of its strength as a women’s name. I believe the name connotes a feeling of the artist being different by the unusual use of the name and independence of it; this is due to the artist being able to stand with just one name which shows her belief in being a success. The trend of only having one name follows from successful artist such as Madonna and BeyoncĂ©, this is a big highlight to the audience due to having an artist with one name shows the connection with the amazing music of the other one named artists. This helps the recognition of the singer rise due to the public wanting to find out her style of music due to her name standing out from the other artists.
Name of Album: The Manhunt
I choose this name album title as I believed this will keep my options open for the type of cover I can create. ‘Manhunt’ suggests that the artist has passion to find the right man for her; this is what I want to create in my album as I believe this feeling is relatable to the target audience. This is a very popular theme in young female singers and their demand to be strong role models is reflected in their music. The music documents the artist story of their life following them through the battle of keeping relationships and following their continuous dream. This is a selling point with the younger generation as they look for role models and advice through music to help them build a better way of life.
Name of Songs:
1. Manhunt
2. Find it
3. A Million Miles
4. Heaven
5. Like you
6. Almost Love
7. Killer Love
8. Learn From it
9. Promise me
Artwork idea
Including a battle theme, this will help connect the ‘manhunt’ theme and the look of the singer together. A collage effect on the cover will help me keep the option open to build on the meaning of the songs, creating layering on the album.
No comments:
Post a Comment