Friday, 4 March 2011

Album Cover - The Velvet Hearts



This is my Album cover I design for The Velvet Hearts; I came up with this idea while listening to their song Serotonin. When I heard the song I felt the singer was going on a journey to find himself again, this is why I included a road in the album artwork. The darkness of the night connotes his lonely feelings that are expressed in the song, this helps build an image of the story he is singing about. The black figure is a representation of the lead singer, in the cover is only outlined slightly as this connotes the image of him being know body and the way he is going to find himself again. The writing on the front cover conveys the image of the word velvet and heart, this plays on the name of the band helping the audience remember the name due to I having an image connection. I did this by using the material of the velvet and making it red representing the red of the heart, used this to underline the title and hold the name of the song to make it look like an important image to the band.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment